To facilitate the Rural Development training & capacity building initiatives with special focus on the rural communities particularly disadvantaged sections, rural poor and rural women by ensuring desirable shift in knowledge, skill and attitude of rural development functionaries (officials and non-officials) through long and short duration programs/courses/ workshops/ seminars/ conferences/ meetings and other effective strategies. The objectives of the Institute are appended below
- To Develop Managerial skills, organizational capability, leadership and decision making ability for development planning and efficiency in implementation of policies, programs and projects.
- To create and provide opportunities to develop and upgrade knowledge/skills/attitude and experience on a demand driven basis for promoting the process of Rural development and Panchayatiraj specifically vis a vis the development administration.
- To study and document the indigenous rural technologies, facilitation in the amalgamation of the modern technology with indigenous technology in various development sectors like water and sanitation, water recharging, energy conservation and use, diversified agriculture, irrigation, rural housing, disaster mitigation, rural tourism, health system and health care, rural roads, transport, marketing etc. and facilitate their transfer from lab to land.
- To function as the nodal and apex state level training & capacity building institution in the field of rural development and Panchayati Raj.
- To assist the growth of professionalism in the area of rural development administration and effective planning & management of rural development program and schemes.
- To promote Human Resource Development & management practices as a major instrument to initiate the developmental; process in the remote rural areas
- To carry on organizational and policy oriented action research work and develop the infrastructure for effective capacity building, training, education, extension, research, consultancy and allied activities.
- To collaborate with the other national, regional/district, sub district and grass-root level institutions having similar objectives for the achievement of the objectives of the Institution.